Grilled pizza party right in your backyard! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AmericanFlatbreadFrozenPizza #CollectiveBias
We’re back at the barbecue this week and throwing a backyard BBQ pizza party. I mean, c’mon, who doesn’t love a great pizza party?
As the hot and humid summer continues, we’re skipping the oven and cooking our pizzas on the grill!
Throwing a backyard pizza party is a great way to spend time outside with family and friends.
The smell of American Flatbread Pizza on the grates is one that will have your neighbors peeking over the fence for sure.
Best of all? This entire backyard pizza party will only take about 35 minutes to throw together!
How To Host A Backyard Pizza Party
It’s easy to host a pizza party that everyone will love. You really only need a few things to pull it off…
- BBQ Grill
- American Flatbread Pizza
- Something to serve along side the pizza – (recipe below!)
- Strawberry Brownie S’mores for dessert
- Drinks – dealers choice
- Tableware – plates, silverware, cups, napkins etc…
- Games – Baseball gloves, cornhole, whatever outdoor games you have on hand
You want to keep everyone entertained, so having games ready to go is always a good idea.
Every time we entertain, the cornhole boards, baseball equipment, and other yard games make their way out of the garage. It’s really not a backyard party without a few games to play, right?
Aside from the games, we’re firing up the grill to cook our pizzas, a side dish, setting up our table with a picnic table cloth, drinks, cups, plates, silverware, napkins and all that good stuff.
What are we serving with our pizzas? Glad you asked!
We’re making an easy broccoli salad. It will pair perfectly with the pizzas we chose,
American Flatbread Uncured Pepperoni & Uncured Bacon, Ionian Awakening, and the Tomato Sauce and Three Cheese.
American Flatbread Pizza – Grilled
They have a bunch of different flavors, but we narrowed it down to three for our party. We picked them up at Shaw’s while we were grocery shopping, and also snagged the ingredients to make the broccoli salad, too.
These pizzas are made just up the road here in New Hampshire, and it’s always nice to support a local business!
If you squint in the picture below you might be able to see where the pizzas are made – just over there in the mountains… Only kidding of course – but they are up there in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Learn more about American Flatbread Pizza here – use the product locator to find a retailer near you.
Their crust is made with organically-grown wheat, and the homemade sauce is made with organic ingredients like carrots, celery, onions, red wine, and olive oil.
Then, of course, they’re topped with fresh vegetables like red onions, Kalamata olives, fresh herbs like garlic and basil, and even hand-crafted cheese – made in Vermont. It’s the convenience of frozen pizza without the compromise!
My favorite is the Uncured Pepperoni and Uncured Bacon – OMG it’s delicious. Maybe it’s the maple syrup they use! 😋
Seriously, next time you’re out shopping go ahead and grab a pie or two, you’ll instantly have a new go-to pizza.
Don’t they look delicious…
Uncured Pepperoni & Uncured Bacon
Tomato Sauce and Three Cheese
Grilled Frozen Pizza
So how do we go about grilling the frozen pizza? It’s real easy to do!
- Uncured Pepperoni & Uncured Bacon
- Ionian Awakening
- Tomato Sauce and Three Cheese
Grilling Instructions (propane/gas)
- Pop the pizza out of the freezer to thaw for about 30 minutes
- Preheat your gas grill on high heat for 10 minutes
- Turn the heat to low and place the thawed pizzas on the grill grates, close lid
- Grill for 2 to 3 minutes, open the lid and check the progress – check the bottom for signs of scorching. You may need to turn the heat off and lower the lid to continue cooking without browning the bottom too much. It’s done when heated evenly and the crust is slightly crisp to the touch.
- Slice and serve – or slice, skewer and serve!
Find more cooking instructions on their website (oven, charcoal, neolithic)
We cut two of the pizzas the traditional way but wanted to do something fun with the third. We had skewers from our desserts, so why not put pizza on a stick? Sounds fun, right?
Just slice the pizza directly across to make strips about 1/2 to 1 inch wide, then weave them onto wooden skewers.
The kids will love it!
Easy Broccoli Salad
This broccoli salad is wicked easy to make and you only need a few ingredients.
I suggest making this while the pizza is thawing, and everything will be ready to go all at once.
- Broccoli – 3 heads, cut into small florets
- Cherry tomatoes – 1 cup, whole or halved
- Red onion – 1/2 cup, diced
- Sunflower seeds – 1/2 cup
Broccoli Salad Dressing
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- White sugar – 1/2 cup
- White vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Place the broccoli, onion, tomato, and sunflower seeds in a large salad bowl
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients in another bowl
- Pour the dressing over the broccoli salad and serve
See how simple this was? In about 35 minutes you can have an entire backyard pizza party up and roll with family and friends.
No spending hours in the kitchen prepping, no heating up the house with the oven to make pizza (though you can cook it in the oven) – and best of all, more time to spend just hanging out in your back yard and enjoying the company of those closest to you.
Don’t forget to check out these easy strawberry, brownie, and toasted marshmallow s’mores kebabs!
Which pizza varieties are you excited to try?
Check out these tabletop tiki torches made from mason jars, you’ll be thankful you had these at your outdoor pizza party!
Easy Broccoli Salad
- 3 Heads Broccoli - cut into small florets (about 6 cups)
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes - whole or halved
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion - diced
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Vinegar
- Mix broccoli, tomatoes, onion, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, sugar, and vinegar
- Stir the dressing mixture into the salad
- Yahoo Mail
- Send in Text
- Copy Link
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!