Make this baked apple roses with puff pastry and become your own chef!
The simplest joy of life lies in doing the smallest things, like baking a pumpkin loaf or a cheesecake or a tasty pastry and enjoying it with your loved ones. And this easy-to-prepare recipe can be made quickly. This recipe needs limited ingredients but gives out a blast of flavors. Sounds yummy?
Scroll down to start baking!
Sweet and Crisp Baked Apple Roses with Puff Pastry Recipe
Some people have a serious obsession with eating sweet items. If you also have a sweet tooth, you might want to prepare this dessert every once in a while.
To bake this dessert, you need one full apple, properly washed and diced in similar shapes. The secret of my dish is the apricot jam that gives the pastry a nice fruity punch and binds all other flavors together.
This pastry has a crunch to it, which comes from freshly cut apples. If you follow my lead correctly, you can get that little bliss in every bite of baked apple roses with puff pastry.
How to Make Delicious Baked Apple Roses with Puff Pastry
To make a batch of crisp and sweet puff pastry roses, you need all the mentioned ingredients. Once you’ve baked this dessert, I’m sure you’re going to want to try it again!
For your convenience, I’ve broken this recipe into different sections. The first step begins by properly cleaning a fresh apple. Next, you need to dice the apples into thin wedges and keep them in a bowl.
This step also requires you to juice one lemon in the apple bowl. Let the lemon steep while you are working on other parts.
You can start the process of making puff pastry by bringing in a puff pastry sheet. After that, cut the sheet lengthwise into five or six pieces, depending on the quantity you want to bake. Spread apricot jam on each piece of puff pastry to make your pastry a little more tasty.
Now comes the main part. After applying jam, you are required to arrange the apple slices on puff pastry. While doing so remember that, half of the juicy apple slices should be on the pastry, and the other half must stay outside.
After placing the apples, cover the slices with the remaining dough and then roll it. This way, your pastry will get that attractive rose-like appearance.
Transfer them to a muffin pan once you have rolled apple slices in all the puff pastry sheets. Before transferring, brush the tin with butter so that pastry does not get burnt or stick to the surface of the pan.
Then fill the muffin pan with puff pastry in a preheated oven at 180 C or 350 F degrees for about 25 minutes. Once the pastry is baked, let it cool and dust some powdered sugar on it.
Expert Cooking Tips
- If you want to bake a nicely puffed pastry, don’t put it inside the oven while the dough is too warm. Instead, it’s generally advised to refrigerate the dough before it gets put inside the oven.
- With powdered sugar, you can also drizzle some microwave caramel sauce to make the pastry taste even better.
- Before taking out the pastry from the muffin tin, make sure that it is nicely baked on the inside. Also, if you notice apples burning from the top while it’s in the oven, shift the pan to the lower rack of the oven and let it bake for another couple of minutes.
How to Soften Apples Without the Microwave?
If you don’t want to soften apples inside the microwave, simply put apples in a baking dish with cinnamon. Add water to the dish, cover it and then cook it for around 15 to 20 minutes. You can give more time if the apples are not tender.
How to Store Baked Apple Roses with Puff Pastry?
If there’s leftover puff pastry, don’t throw it away. Instead, take an airtight container and put the pastries inside it. When you want to eat the apple roses with puff pastry again, reheat them for about 1 minute. Then, to give it a fresh taste, drizzle caramel sauce.
How to Make the Baked Apple Roses with Puff Pastry Less Soggy?
Apricot jam used to prepare this dessert not only gives it a nice fruity taste but also serves multi-purpose. The jam acts as a moisture barrier. It keeps the puff crisp and does not let the pastry get soggy.
Baked Apple Roses with Puff Pastry
- Muffin tin
- Citrus juicer (optional)
- 1 apple diced into thin wedges
- 1 lemon juiced
- ½ lb puff pastry
- 3 tbsp apricot jam
- powder sugar for dusting
- Dice the apple into thin wedges and place the wedges in a bowl.
- Juice in one lemon and let it steep while you cut the puff pastry.
- Cut the puff pastry lengthwise into 5-6 pieces.
- Spread the apricot jam on each piece.
- Arrange the apple slices so half slice can be on the puff pastry and the other half can be out of the puff pastry.
- Cover the apple slice with the rest of the dough and roll it into a rose.
- Transfer the apple roses in a muffin tin brushed with butter and bake in an already heated oven at 350°F or 180°C for about 25 minutes.
- Let them cool slightly and serve with a dusting of powder sugar.
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!