Today we’re making delicious breakfast crescent rolls. It’s very similar to a breakfast egg and cheese sandwich. However, everything is wrapped in a buttery and flaky crescent roll!
If you have a roll of crescent rolls, you probably have everything you need to make this easy recipe. Just a few staple ingredients will have you on your way to a delicious breakfast.
Let’s make delicious and flakey ham, egg and cheese breakfast crescent rolls.
One thing I like to do is make hard boiled eggs (check these out!) ahead of time, or get pre-packaged eggs at the store.
If you make your eggs ahead of time, you can keep them in the refrigerator in an airtight container with a paper towel for a few days.
Because the paper towel will sop up the excess moisture, you might need to change it each day. But the eggs will stay good for several days.
Breakfast Sandwich Cheese
Cheese really is a personal preference, don’t you think? We like using sharp Vermont cheddar cheese. It has a nice bite to it and since we live on the Vermont border, it’s always fresh.
Maybe you like stinky cheese, Swiss cheese, American cheese – you can use whatever cheese you would normally have on a breakfast sandwich.
If you’re the kind of person who likes breakfast sandwiches from fast food places, you’ll likely prefer yellow American cheese in your breakfast crescent rolls.
Breakfast Sandwich Meat
I know one of my all-time favorites is a nice egg and cheese sandwich. For me, it really doesn’t matter what the meat is. Whether it be sausage, bacon, or ham, it’s all good!
For this recipe, we’ll be using thinly sliced ham, otherwise known as prosciutto.
Breakfast Crescent Rolls Recipe
I’m not really one for fast food anyway, I prefer to make my own recipes and come up with unique flavor combinations that simply work.
As you know, I’m a huge fan of quick and easy recipes. This breakfast crescent roll is no different. It’ll take you no time at all to make.
Anyway, let’s get to the point and make these crescent roll breakfast!
We’re going to start with hard-boiled eggs, prosciutto, cheese, and of course crescent rolls.
Add Ingredients To Crescent Rolls
Simply roll out and cut the dough into their triangles. Add a piece of thin ham, a hard boiled egg, salt and pepper, and finally shredded cheese.
Wrapping Egg And Cheese With Prosciutto
Roll the egg and cheese up inside the prosciutto.
How To Roll Them Up
Since you stretched the crescent rolls a little bit, they should wrap around the egg quite well. Wrap the crescent roll around the ham, egg, and cheese before placing them into the oven.
I baked them with so the small end of the triangle is over top of the rolls when placing them onto the baking sheet. (I used these parchment paper sheets)
What Temperature To Bake Them
Because we’re following the crescent roll package instructions, use those to determine the temperature and bake time for your breakfast crescent rolls.
Bake them until they’re a nice golden brown color.
Before going to the drive-thru this weekend, think about making a delicious batch of breakfast crescent rolls!
You might also like:
- Breakfast Pizza – Bacon, Egg, and Cheese
- Croissant Breakfast Sandwich
- Sweet Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Blender Muffins
- Peanut Butter & Strawberry Chia Mini Muffins
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese Pizza
Breakfast Crescent Rolls
- 6 count Hard boiled eggs
- 1 can Crescent rolls Large size
- 6 pieces Prosciutto Thinly sliced ham
- 6 tbsp Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll package
- Divide crescent roll dough into their respective triangles. Place a slice of prosciutto on the dough, then an egg, followed by cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Wrap the prosciutto around the egg and cheese, and wrap the crescent roll around the entire thing. Repeat for each crescent roll.
- Place on a parchment lined or greased baking sheet and bake for the time indicated on the crescent roll package.
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!