This chicken taco soup recipe has been sponsored by al fresco. Taco night just got easier!
Is Taco Tuesday your favorite night of the week? Regardless of which night you designate as taco night, this chicken taco soup recipe can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
Loaded with chicken sausage, corn, vegetables, and served with crunchy tortilla chips and your choice of toppings!
Because we’re using all natural al fresco Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage, there is no need to pre-cook chicken or wait for the chicken to bake to make this chicken taco soup recipe.
How to Make Chicken Taco Soup
To make this, we’re tossing the ingredients in a pot to heat up! Real easy and perfect for taco night at your house.
The main ingredient in our soup is al fresco chicken sausage. Because it’s fully cooked, it is easily heated on the stovetop, skillet, grill, microwave or as we’re doing—in our pot!
Made with Hatch chilis and classic Mexican spices, the al fresco Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage is a tasty and welcome addition to taco night. It’s a time-saving, healthy, on-hand item to stock up on. So, it’ll make every taco night a breeze!
Slice up the al fresco into medallions to get it ready. Cut up your onion and peppers, too.
Toss the peppers and onions into the pot with a little oil to get that cooking.
Add cans of corn, beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes and green chiles, and broth. Toss in your chicken sausage to heat up and it’s done!
This taco soup with chicken sausage will certainly become one of your favorite go-to taco night recipes. It’s easy, quick to make, and so delicious.
The best part is, you get to finish it off with your favorite toppings. Add sour cream, guacamole, serve with tortilla chips or anything else you desire.
You can adjust your toppings to your taste, and the kids can even get in on the fun, too!
Next time you’re at the grocery store, check out the al fresco taco night offerings.
It’s time to make taco night more about family, and less about spending way too much time in the kitchen!
Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 package al fresco Taco Night Mild Mexican Style Chicken Sausage (one package, both links) sliced into medallions
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 1 small vidalia onion (yellow onion)
- 1 small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper chopped
- 1 15oz can black beans
- 1 14.5oz can stewed tomatoes
- 1 10oz can tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 15.25oz can sweet corn
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 14oz chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
- choice of toppings, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, tortilla chips etc…
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add peppers, onion, a pinch of salt and pepper and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken sausage, beans, corn, stewed tomatoes, tomatoes and green chiles, and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with choice of toppings
- Yahoo Mail
- Send in Text
- Copy Link
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!
I hope you love this taco night recipe as much as we do! It’s amazing!
Comments are closed.