Are you looking for a quick and easy Christmas gift idea for neighbors? Then, make this cookie bucket from a clay pot to look like Santa’s coat!
Below you will find several of my best Christmas cookie ideas. Also, this a great way to gift Christmas cookies to your neighbors.
There are many ways you can wrap cookies to gift them. But I want to give you a quick and easy DIY version of wrapping cookies.
In case you’re wondering what you’ll need, you probably have the materials to make this gift if you’re the craft type. In other words, that makes this project even easier. However, if you’re not a crafty type, it’s easy to get the materials you need.
Plus, not only will your neighbors enjoy the delicious cookies, but it will serve as a nice holiday decoration for them to put plants or other goodies in during the holiday season.
So, let’s get started!
Christmas Gift Idea For Neighbors – Santa Cookie Bucket
- 4″ Terracotta Clay Pot
- White Chalk Paint
- Red Chalk Paint
- 1/2″ Wide Black Nylon Webbing (or ribbon)
- 3/4″ Metal Washer
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun or other quick-drying glue (I like the cordless kind)
How To Make Cookie Bucket Christmas Gift for Neighbors
Follow these instructions to make a fun Santa Claus themed clay pot. By following these instructions, you’ll create a great way to gift delicious cookies to your neighbors for Christmas.
Note: If you are reusing a clay pot, make sure to clean it well and let it dry completely before painting.
Firstly, Paint Lower Half of Cookie Bucket Red
Below the lip of the pot, paint the entire surface with two coats of the red chalk paint. Then allow the paint to dry between coats.
Remember, chalk paint dries quite quickly, so it should only take a few minutes before you can apply your second coat.
Secondly, Paint The Cookie Bucket Rim White
Now that the red paint has dried, we can move on and paint the top rim white.
Again, we need to do two coats. Paint the top rim with the white chalk paint, applying two coats. Then, allow it to dry between coats.
For an extra clean look, paint the inside rim of the clay pot white as well.
Thirdly, Paint Santa Suite White Stripe
The next step is to paint a white stripe down the length of the pot to create the fur of Santa’s coat.
So, use your paintbrush to dab the outer edges of the stripe to make a “fuzzy” appearance for the fur.
Lastly, Attach Santa’s Belt
Using hot glue or other quick dry glue, attach the black nylon or ribbon around the clay pot.
Keep in mind that this should be positioned about 3/4th’s of the way down; on the lower portion of the red area.
Because the clay pot tapers downward, only glue the top portion of the ribbon or nylon. Leaving the bottom half free-hanging will make sure it doesn’t bunch up.
A Christmas Gift Idea for Your Neighbors
Finally, doesn’t this look lovely?
Cookie Bucket Recipes – Christmas Gift Idea For Neighbors
These recipes are perfect to go inside your cookie bucket Christmas gift for your neighbors! Check them out:
- Buffalo Plaid Christmas Decoration
- Thumbprint Cookies with Pecan Pie Filling
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Mint Cookies Loaded with M&M’S
- Peppermint Brownie Cookies
- Easy Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- And of course, make these cookies for yourself: Christmas Tree Cookies
Cookie Bucket DIY Christmas Gift Idea for Neighbors
- Hot glue gun
- 1 4" clay pot
- White chalk paint
- Red chalk paint
- 1/2" wide black nylon webbing or use ribbon
- 1 3/4 inch metal washer
- Paint the bottom (below the rim/lip) of the clay pot red; allow to dry and add a second coat of paint
- Paint the top rim white, inside and out. Allow to dry, complete with a second cot of paint
- Paint a stripe down the middle, vertically, and dab your brush to create a fuzzy furry looking effect for Santa's coat. Allow to dry
- Wrap and cut the nylon webbing around the bucket, securing with hot glue to only the top of portion of the webbing; allowing the lower portion to hang freely.
- Attach the washer to the webbing, where the webbing and the white jacket paint intersect
- Add cookies wrapped in cellophane and give as a gift
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!