Corn tomato feta salad makes the perfect dish for picnics, BBQ, or potlucks. Try to change my mind.
Whether it’s summer, winter, or fall, you can never go wrong with a delicious bowl of fresh and juicy corn tomato salad. I love this dish since it’s so healthy. Also, its preparation requires fresh herbs and crumbled cheese. And who can say no to crumbled cheese?
I prepare this flavorful salad as a side dish for lunch or dinner. Each time I make it, my friends and family never fail to appreciate its mouth-watering taste. Even if I am going to a friend’s house party, I always take this special salad as it makes a fantastic side dish.
If you want to try this salad, scroll down to get into the details.
Flavorful Corn Tomato Feta Salad Recipe
One thing that I think makes my salad better is the limited ingredients. While the ingredients are limited, they create a burst of flavors that can make anyone crave for more.
The idea of preparing this salad came when I was looking for something refreshing to eat but I couldn’t find it. The options available were either unhealthy or had a terrible taste. But my salad is neither unhealthy nor tastes terrible.
Have I told you that you can prepare this salad in just a few minutes? Well, that’s how easy and quick it is. And the bonus? It’s vegetarian approved.
Steps to Make Fresh Corn Tomato Feta Salad
There are only a few steps to make corn and tomato feta salad. The preparation steps are separated into two parts, so you don’t rush to the result.
Corn Tomato Feta Salad: Step One
Start the process of preparing corn and tomato salad by properly cleaning two tomatoes. After cleaning them, dice them into small cubes. Make sure the cubes are diced into bite-sized pieces, as it will make the salad look better. Also, this way, people can take appropriate bites.
After dicing, you can move towards the corn. Take two cups of canned corn and put it in a bowl. In the bowl, you can further add tomatoes. Then take the 5 oz crumbled feta cheese and put it into the tomato and corn mixture.
Mix the three ingredients properly till they are combined. Also, if you cannot find crumbled feta cheese, you can take a 5 oz of block feta cheese and then crumble it yourself. Either way, your salad will turn out to be excellent.
Corn Tomato Feta Salad: Step Two
The next step includes adding flavor to the crunchy corn and tomato salad. You can add salt as per the taste. After that, add pepper to taste. You can also drizzle olive oil and stir the salad till everything is combined.
In the end, add freshly chopped parsley. This ingredient will enhance the flavors and taste of the salad. Lastly, mix the salad and serve it with any of the dishes that you like.
So you see, this flavorful salad requires minimum effort, ingredients, and time. And the result is delicious.
Expert Cooking Tips for Corn Tomato Feta Salad
- My dish requires canned corn, but if you want, you can replace it with fresh corn. The only reason I’m using canned corn is that it keeps the salad preparation simple. And also because canned corn tastes equally yummy.
- If you are vegan, you can give a twist to this dish. For this, you can replace crumbled feta cheese with crumbled tofu. Even after replacing one main ingredient, the taste of this dish won’t change.
- You can even put chopped onions in the salad. It will give a nice crunchy punch to the salad. Red onion is perfect for this dish, but you can use green onion slices or chives.
- Also, for the dressing, you can include lime juice along with olive oil. A base of lime juice will add extra freshness to the salad. But if you are not a fan of citrus flavor, replace the lime juice with parsley, a pinch of cumin, or minced garlic.
This salad is guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters. Why? Because it’s too good.
Do I Need to Cook Corn?
I’ve skipped cooking the corn because I have tried to keep this salad recipe as simple as possible. But if you don’t like your corn raw, you can apply a little butter to it and heat it over a stove.
Here’s an alternate way of cooking corn for my vegan friends. You can boil the corn in water till it gets tender. Either way, the corn will get softer and taste better.
Can I Prepare This Corn Tomato Feta Salad a Few Hours Before?
Absolutely! If you don’t have time to prepare this salad on the spot, you can prepare it a couple of hours before. After preparing the salad, keep it in a bowl and with plastic wrap. You can even use an airtight container. This way, tomatoes and corn will absorb the flavors.
But when you are making this salad ahead of time, avoid adding crumbled cheese until ready to serve. Also, when you want to serve the salad, let it sit on the countertop for a while. Then add crumbled cheese.
Can I Replace Feta Cheese?
You can, of course, replace feta cheese with tofu. But if you don’t like tofu either, toasted nuts would be a great choice.
Corn Tomato Feta Salad
- Mixing bowl
- 2 cups canned corn
- 2 tomatoes diced into cubes
- 5 oz crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley freshly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, stir in the canned corn and diced tomatoes.
- Add in the crumbled feta cheese and mix until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle in the olive oil, and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Mix until combined and serve to enjoy.
- Yahoo Mail
- Send in Text
- Copy Link
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!