How to make apple jam with just three ingredients! Have you been looking for a simple recipe? Look no further!
Jam is so versatile and can be used in so many different recipes and added to so many items, like toast, crackers and the list goes on.
Today we’re making delicious apple jam! You might also like this Raspberry Jam recipe.
Tasty, simple, and easy to make.
To make this recipe, you’ll need about 20 minutes of time and just three ingredients.
Apples, of course, water and sugar!
You can add food coloring to this apple jam recipe if you want to give your jam a different look and use it for holidays like Halloween or Christmas – think red, green etc..
I actually halved the batch (halved all the ingredients) and made a batch with green food coloring to make ectoplasm jam for a Ghostbusters themed snack.
How To Make Apple Jam
You can make this recipe by the cup, it can be doubled or tripled and even go up to 4 cups, but don’t get too carried away with the size of your batch, you will lose quality.
Fell free to add other ingredients as well. Some readers have suggested making this with cinnamon, nutmeg, and other spices.
Feel free to dress it up and make it your own!
Canning The Jam
You can, can this jam like you would others, or you can simply store it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Spread it on toast, make sandwiches, or add it to other recipes for a superb flavor and texture!
Don’t forget your mason jars!
You might also like:
- Sparkling Hot Apple Cider
- Fizzy Spiked Apple Cider
- Homemade Apple Cinnamon Cookies
- New England Hard Apple Cider
- Apple Cider BBQ Back Ribs
- Apple Cookie Crumb Bars (These use this apple jam!)
- Fall Harvest Apple Pecan Cookies
Apple Jam Recipe
- 5 apples peeled and sliced into 1" pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- Cook apples. In the microwave in a microwave safe bowl, cover with lid but do not seal! Cook for 8 minutes. Likewise,you can cook the apples in a skillet on the stove with a bit of water, covered and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until apples are almost mushy.
- Mash the apples with a potato masher or break out the hand mixer and break them down good. Leave the apples as chunky as you want your jam.
- Add 2 cups of apples and 1/2 cup of water to a large pan - bring to boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes or until most of the water has boiled off, stirring frequently
- Add 2 cups sugar
- Stir and bring to boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes, stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and continue stirring for an additional 2 minutes
- Store in mason jar
What do you plan on using this simple recipe for?
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!