Flank steak salad is loaded with everything you love. Cucumbers, tomato, onion, and of course, delicious flank steak. Plus, it’s real easy to make.
This flank steak salad is Greek inspired, so it has a little extra zing compared to some other recipes you might find.
What Is Flank Steak?
Let’s talk about flank steak and what it is.
Flank steak is less of a steak and more of a lean cut of meat. It’s very popular and tasty. This cut of meat comes from the cow’s belly muscles. It’s really flavorful and contains almost zero fat.
This type of beef is great for marinating and grilling. While it works well being cooked over high heat, like on the grill, it also works very well being slow-cooked, such as braising or even in your crock pot.
It blends very well with other flavors like fresh vegetables. That’s why flank steak salad is so popular.
It’s delicious is almost any meal, but we love to make this salad whenever we get the chance.
Flank Steak vs Skirt Steak
The biggest difference between flank steak and skirt steak that skirt steak is tougher than flank. Skirt steak also has a more robust flavor.
However, if you prefer your steak more well done, you should probably go with flank steak. It will be less tough when you cook it to your desired doneness.
As we just spoke of, skirt steak is a great alternative for flank steak, provided you cook it correctly. Using skirt steak in this flank steak salad is just fine if it is all you can find.
Simply cook the skirt steak to rare or medium-rare and give it a try!
Enough about flank and skirt – that battle between steak aficionados can live to see another day. Let’s talk about marinade for flank steak.
For the sake of this flank steak salad recipe, we’re going to use the KISS method – Keep It Simple Stupid.
That being said, we’re using Greek vinaigrette to marinate our flank steak. It’ll help break the meat down a little bit and OMG it tastes absolutely amazing.
If you’d like to get more intense with your marinades, check out the link just below. I’ll share some tips and tricks for creating the ultimate flank steak marinade!
You might also like:
Flank Steak Salad
- 1.5 lbs flank steak
- 1 cup Greek vinaigrette
- 2 10oz packages romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup Greek olives halved (black olives will work too)
- 1 count English cucumber sliced
- 1 count red onion sliced
- 1 count green bell pepper chopped
- 1 4oz package crumbled feta cheese
- Add steak and 1/2 cup vinaigrette into a large zipper plastic bag and seal. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight
- Preheat grill or skillet to medium-high heat; remove steak from marinade
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached. Allow steak to rest for 10 minutes; then cut, slicing across the grain
- Divide the lettuce, tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, onions, and bell peppers among six serving bowls. Top salad with steak, sprinkle with cheese and vinaigrette
Have you tried emeals?
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!