Nothing beats the simple BBQ chicken drumstick grill!
The crispy skin and tender fall of meat from the chicken bone with the classic flavors make grilled chicken legs a show-stopper.
Everyone has that one comfort food they can eat anything. For me, it is barbeque chicken drumsticks. They have everything that a classic dish should have. Plus, I can prepare them at home anytime. So, it’s a win-win for me.
It’s not like I have never ordered grilled chicken thighs at a restaurant. But I never really liked the flavors. Those grilled drumsticks just do not hit the right spot. However, I couldn’t give up on having a plate of lip-smacking BBQ chicken legs. That’s when I checked a few BBQ chicken thigh recipes and came up with my own version.
You won’t believe it, but my recipe is seriously the best because the total cooking time is less than an hour. Also, the ingredients are easily available in the kitchen pantry.
I’ll teach you how to make the most amazing barbeque chicken thighs with less ingredients and in less time. Check my step-by-step tutorial so you never have to order barbeque chicken legs from a restaurant ever.
Delicious Chicken Thigh Temp on Grill
Grilled chicken legs and thighs are my family’s go-to summer meals because it is delicious and fancy. Plus, I don’t have to spend all my time in the kitchen preparing these scrumptious grilled legs.
I just love how inexpensive the chicken legs are. With quick preparation, you can prepare a meal that is sure to win everyone’s heart. Plus, a bit of char on the grill gives these chicken legs a summer-like flavor.
Why Will You Love These Crispy Grilled Chicken Thighs?
Here’s what makes my chicken BBQ grill recipe better than others:
- Unlike lengthy BBQ chicken drumstick recipes, this one requires only five minutes of preparation.
- With my recipe, you get a great option for advanced meal preparation. How? Well, you can season the chicken drumstick up to a day in advance. Then keep the chicken in the fridge and take it out before grilling.
Steps to Prepare Grilled Chicken Thighs
Grilling chicken thighs sounds intimidating, but it does not have to be. Here’s everything about the preparation of delicious chicken legs on time.
I have divided the steps into different parts so you don’t make any mistakes:
To prepare BBQ chicken thighs, pat them dry to remove the moisture. It makes the chicken more crispy and juicy.
Then apply a coat of oil on drumsticks. Once done, keep the chicken pieces aside. Take another bowl to mix salt, pepper, and other spices together. Rub the seasoning well to get the optimal flavor.
Also See: How To Grill Beer Can Chicken
You might also like:
Allow the chicken pieces to marinate properly. Putting the pieces in the fridge for marination is even better. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to 400 F. Apply a thick coat of oil so the chicken pieces do not stick while grilling.
Place each chicken drumstick on the grill and cook for about 35 minutes. Flip the chicken pieces frequently. Once cooked, transfer the drumstick to a plate and let it rest.
If you want to get that perfect char effect on the grilled BBQ chicken thighs, apply BBQ sauce and cook on the grill for 25 minutes. Flip the pieces regularly.
- If you have kept the chicken pieces in the fridge for marination or storage, take them out an hour before placing them on the grill.
- Adding spices under the chicken skin lets you get the optimal flavors. Not everyone enjoys eating chicken skin, but if you do, season well under the skin.
- Patting the chicken pieces before coating them with oil and seasoning makes the outside crispy. The meat becomes tender and juicy.
- To add a simple variation to your usual grilled chicken, glaze the pieces with honey. The hot honey-flavored grilled chicken is almost everyone’s favorite.
- Bring out dips while serving sticky BBQ chicken drumsticks.
What to serve with a chicken drumstick grill?
Grilled chicken drumstick tastes the best with pasta salad, garlic feta butter, rice, and pasta.
Are chicken drumsticks healthy?
Chicken drumsticks are healthy and tasty.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serving: 4 people
Also See: How To Grill Steak Tips
You might also like:
How To Grill Chicken Legs
- BBQ Grill
- Chicken Thighs
- BBQ Sauce
- Preheat grill to medium-high 400 degrees F.
- Trim any chunky fat off the thighs if you wish.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel.
- Oil the grill grates.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken.
- Place thighs skin side up on the grill for 5 minutes.
- Flip and continue grilling and flipping every 5 minutes for about 30 to 35 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 185 degrees F.
- To get a char, apply your favorite BBQ sauce at the 20-25 minute mark, flip and apply more as you wish.
- Yahoo Mail
- Send in Text
- Copy Link
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!
Hi Elizabeth! Grill with the lid down. I follow the old adage “if you’re lookin’ you ain’t cookin'” 🙂
Do you grill with the lid up or down? Flipping chicken every 5 mins.
Way to go Randy! Glad to hear the chicken came out great! 💪
Thanks for the excellent advice and easy breezy instructions. I felt like a pro when everyone rolled up sleeves, belied up, and dug in.
Hey Keith, great question! For charcoal, cook over direct heat, but set up for indirect as well. That way you can move things around if you get flareups and use the indirect side for smaller pieces that might cook faster. Hope that helps!
If using charcoal do you cook direct or indirect?
Excellent! I’m glad you enjoyed this method of cooking chicken legs and drumsticks!
I tried this recipe this afternoon. It’s GREAT. It took all the guess work out of cooking chicken thighs. Mine were perfect. Even the bbq sauce came out great.
Comments are closed.