Happiness is the smell of freshly baked home made corn bread!
These days people have started consuming ready made bread, which is fine. But this is taking their interest away from baking crispy and fluffy bread. I’m glad that you have found this recipe because it will help you create magic with just a few ingredients in your kitchen.
This super moist cornbread tastes fantastic, and you can serve it with anything that you like. It’s also a perfect holiday bread recipe that you can bake when you have invited friends or family over dinner.
Unlike other bread recipes, this one does not require you to put a lot of ingredients in the mixing bowl. I have kept ingredients limited to reduce confusion. I am sure that once you have prepared this bread, you will want to make it again and again.
Scroll down to know how this delicious and crispy cornbread is made.
Fluffy Homemade Corn Bread
This bread recipe has been an ultimate staple for my family for so many years. My family loves this cornbread because it’s full of flavors. And since it’s such a fantastic bread recipe, I couldn’t stop myself from sharing it with you.
My cornbread has a little sweet and savory taste because it includes both salt and honey. This unique taste makes it so good and different. Also, all its ingredients make it super healthy. That means you can eat as much cornbread as you want.
So, if you don’t want to add anything fancy to the bread and yet want to taste it amazing, you should follow my recipe step-by-step. You can keep reading to know the recipe. And if you like it, don’t forget to share it with others as well.
Steps to Make Yummy Homemade Cornbread
Preparing fluffy cornbread is very simple. You have to add a few ingredients in the correct amount to a bowl. Then bake it, and you’re done.
You can begin the process of making delicious cornbread by taking a large bowl and adding the essential ingredients to it. The ingredients include white flour and yellow cornmeal.
You then have to add brown sugar, baking powder, and a pinch of salt to this mixture. Then combine all the dry ingredients. Make sure that no lumps remain because then the bread might not get as fluffy as it should.
Moving further, you can add wet items to the dry ingredients mixture. Start by adding melted butter, eggs, and buttermilk. At this step, you need to combine everything properly. Finally, add honey to give a sweet taste to the bread. Again, mix all the items till they are properly combined.
Once all the items are combined, it’s time to bake the bread. For this, you can pour the bread mixture into an 8-inch square oven pan. Add parchment paper to the pan. This way, the bread would not stick at the bottom of the container.
After pouring the mixture into the pan, keep it inside a preheated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for around 25 minutes. Once the bread is baked, let it come to a normal temperature. At last, you can cut it in the desired shape and serve with anything that you like.
Expert Cooking Tips
- To make the crust of the homemade cornbread crunchy, you must add the bread batter to the sizzling hot skillet. The cast iron will help you get a dark golden crust and crisp edges when you do this.
- If you don’t have store-bought buttermilk for the recipe, you can also prepare it at your home. For this, you need a few drops of vinegar to milk. Instead of vinegar, you can also add lemon juice. This way, you can prepare quick buttermilk and use it.
- You can add chopped jalapeno peppers to add more flavors to the bread. If not pepper, you can add blueberries, cranberries, walnuts, bacon crumbles, or cheddar cheese.
- While selecting cornmeal, you need to remember that yellow, blue, and white cornmeal look different but taste the same. Besides color, the grind of cornmeal also varies. It includes coarse, medium, and fine. Now, the grind of the mixture can influence the batter’s consistency. So, you must choose accordingly.
How to Fix Bland Cornbread?
If you have prepared a bland cornbread, you can fix it by making cornbread pudding. For this, you can crumble the cornbread. Then put it in a pan, add eggs, milk cream, and fruits to it. Then you can bake it or steam it as you want.
How to Moisten a Dry Cornbread?
You can easily moisten dry cornbread in no time. Start by preheating the oven to 350 F degrees. After that, place the cornbread pieces on the oven pan. Cover it with aluminum foil and heat it for a couple of minutes. At last, you can add butter to moist the dry cornbread.
Should I Serve Cornbread Hot or Warm?
It’s your choice, but usually, people bring the bread to a normal temperature.
Home made Corn Bread
- Mixing bowl
- Oven pan
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Place in the white flour, yellow cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt to taste in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter, honey, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Mix the ingredients and pour them into an 8inch square pan lined with a piece of parchment paper.
- Bake in an already heated oven at 350 F or 180 C degrees for about 25 minutes.
- Let it cool and cut into pieces to serve.
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!