These lemon drop cookies for Easter are the perfect way to celebrate and ring in the spring season!
Recipe For Lemon Drop Cookies
Remember the baker’s themed Easter basket I put together along with a recipe for super quick and easy brownie parfait with M&M’s Easter candies?
Well, I had about a half a bag of leftover M&M’sÂ® from that recipe and thought they would go great in a lemon drop cookie, too.
So naturally, I had to bake a batch of lemon springtime cookies for you and add the candies to the top!
As you know, I like to begin by measuring and gathering all of my ingredients. This way, I have everything all measured and I just need to add it into my recipe when it’s called for.
There’s no fumbling around with bags and containers in my kitchen!
So, here’s my ingredient set for these lemon cookies. We have butter, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, and M&M’s Easter candies.
Find the measurements at the bottom of the page.
- Kosher salt
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon extract
- Lemon juice fresh or bottled
- M&M’s candies
Mix The Ingredients
Get everything mixed up in our handy Kitchenaid Mixer. Follow the instruction in the printable recipe below to mix things in the proper order.
Form The Cookies
Keep a small bowl of flour available to dust your hands as we form the cookies.
The dough may be a little sticky, so lightly flouring your hands goes a long way to help keep the dough from sticking to you.
Flour your hands and roll the cookies into 1.5″ balls.
Place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and then flatten them down with floured fingers.
Add 3 M&M’s to each cookie.
Bake In The Oven
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom edge of the cookies show a slight browning.
Allow To Cool
Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then move them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Enjoy or gift to your family and friends. Maybe even leave some out for the Easter bunny!
Now the only thing left to do is put them out and wait for the Easter bunny to hop along and eat them up!
I suppose you could pass the cookies around with your friends and family to enjoy it.
These cookies really do taste like spring.
You might also like:
What’s your favorite springtime dessert?
Lemon Drop Cookies
- Kitchen Mixer
- 2 sticks of butter - room temperature
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2.25 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- just shy of 1 tbs lemon juice fresh or bottled
- M&M's candies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add butter and sugar to your mixer and mix until creamed, 2-3 minutes
- Add eggs, mix until combined
- Using the stir setting on your mixer, stir in baking powder, salt, vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon juice, and flour. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- With lightly floured hands, form 1.5 inch balls (dough may be sticky!) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using lightly floured fingers, press the cookies down to about 1/2 inch thickness, allowing room for three M&M's candies.
- Place three M&M's candies on each cookie and press in slightly
- Bake fore 10-12 minutes (ours were 12 minutes) - the edges will just barely begin to show a hint of brown on the bottom edge when they're ready.
- Remove and cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes or more before moving to cooling rack
- Repeat until you've baked all of your cookies! We got 28 out of the batch, depending on how big or small you make your cookies, the number will vary.
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!