Sweet potato beef chili is a delicious and easy slow cooker meal to prepare.
Perfect for any time of year, this beef and sweet potato chili in the crock pot is one for your recipe book. It has everything you’d expect in a chili, the amazing flavors of beef, veggies and spices – and all the heat you want.
Sweet Potato Beef Chili
Loaded with beef, and of course sweet potatoes, this recipe is hearty and filling. And it’s a great cold weather meal. But it’s ideal for fall, winter, or spring.
When the weather gets a bit nippy, turn to this sweet potato beef chili to lift your spirits and warm your soul. We love sweet potato fries and other dishes, but this recipe is by far one of our favorites.
This easy recipe is perfect for game day or Sunday dinner. Because it’s versatile!
Sweet Potato Chili with Beef
You can really make this your own by tossing any veggies or beans you’d like into the slow cooker. You can even make it a vegetarian sweet potato chili by replacing the beef with your favorite beans. In either case, it’s real easy to do.
Tossed in the crock pot with tasty spices and cooked to perfection, you’ll love everything about this ground beef and sweet chili recipe!
So why else would you want to make this hearty meal?
- You can make it vegetarian. Just swap the beef for your favorite beans
- It’s delicious, healthy, and loaded with vegetables like sweet potatoes which are super nutritious!
- It’s flavorful and loaded with all the things you love like garlic, chili powder, and cumin. So, they’ll dance across your taste buds when mixed with sweet potatoes!
Sometimes, you just need a slow cooker meal that you can count on. This being a fool-proof recipe, you can come back to it time and again and make it a traditional meal in your home. Try it once, and you’ll be hooked for sure!
Check out these slow cookers!
Sweet Potato Beef Chili
- Crock Pot
- 1 tbs coconut oil melted (or avocado oil)
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef For a vegetarian version, simply swap the beef for beans
- 1 count chopped green bell pepper
- 1 count chopped medium onion
- 4 count minced cloves garlic
- 2 count sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- 2 14.5-oz cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 tbs chili powder
- 2 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add ground beef (break it down into small chunks) bell pepper, onion and garlic.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to a crumble.
- Place mixture in your crock pot.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Do you have a favorite chili recipe?
- Yahoo Mail
- Send in Text
- Copy Link
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!
Yes, you brown the ground beef in a skillet with the bell pepper, onion, and garlic before placing everything into the slowcooker. Enjoy!
Planning to try this tomorrow. If you make it in a slow cooker, do you have to brown the ground beef first or can you just throw everything into the slow cooker and let it cook?
We love making this crock pot meal, I hope you enjoy it!
Comments are closed.