When I was a kid, my mother used to prepare this delicious salad so we could enjoy it while having dinner. While I’ve been eating this simple salad for such a long time, one thing that still makes this tomato and feta salad my favorite is its flavors. It has a refreshing taste that makes me fall in love with it.
Even if you are a picky eater, my tomato and feta salad’s creamy taste and rich texture will make you like it. You can prepare it for get-togethers, BBQs, or holiday dinners. But I’m sure that the taste of this salad would make you want to prepare it again and again without waiting for any occasion.
Honestly, this tomato and feta salad is my absolute savior on days when I can’t think of any delicious side dish to serve my family. I have also seen many tomato and feta salad versions, but my absolute favorite has to be this recipe, as it gets prepared too quickly.
So, scroll down and get into details so you can surprise your family with this simple yet delicious salad.
Creamy Tomato and Feta Salad
Many people complain about eating flavorless and bland salad, which is no less than torture to their taste buds. But your entire experience of eating and preparing salads would change once you try my recipe.
I have already mentioned a couple of times that this salad does not need many ingredients. All you need is tomato, feta, and a few other items to bring out a burst of flavors.
If you want to make this salad the way I do, you should use fresh tomatoes. If the tomatoes are not fresh, the salad will not taste good. Depending on your taste buds, you can modify this salad recipe or keep it simple (the way I prepare). The choice is yours.
I know all this talking has made you hungry. Scroll down to get into the details.
Steps to Make Delicious Tomato and Feta Salad
While this salad has fewer ingredients, I have divided the steps into different parts so you can prepare it without any mistakes.
You will need three fresh and juicy tomatoes to prepare this salad. Wash the tomatoes under running water so all the dirt can be removed. Then take a knife to dice the tomatoes into bite-size pieces.
You can cut the tomatoes into any shape to make your salad look more appetizing. After dicing the tomatoes, you need 1 red onion. Peel the onion properly and wash it under running water.
Like you have diced tomatoes, you must slice onions as well. Try to keep the piece smaller so you can easily eat the salad without the bigger chunks falling on your plate. After that, transfer the diced tomatoes and sliced onion into a bowl.
The second step is all about salad dressing, which will give a rich and delicious taste to your dish. In a mixing bowl, add 2 tablespoons of chopped chives, 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. You can also enhance the flavor of the salad by adding salt.
After your dressing is prepared, you can add the tomatoes and onion to the bowl using a spatula. Try to mix the salad carefully so the tomatoes don’t get soggy. At last, you need to crumble 5 oz of feta cheese. Add the crumbled cheese to the bowl to finish preparing the dish.
- I cannot stress enough that the secret of preparing a bowl of creamy and mouth-watering tomato and feta salad lies in the tomato. That means you need to pick fresh tomatoes. But if you cannot find regular-sized tomatoes, you can also use cherry tomatoes as an alternative. Either way, you need juicy tomatoes as it tastes better.
- It’s important to use red onions as they bring out the best flavors of this salad. But sometimes, you can’t find red onions. In such a case, you can use regular onions. No matter what onion you use, try to cut it into smaller pieces.
- You can also add freshly cut cucumber to make your salad more juicy and refreshing. Cucumbers can give a crunch to this basic salad, which you might like.
- If you like your food a bit spicy, you are free to add chili flakes. In addition, you can also add freshly cut half lemon to the salad.
Is Tomato and Feta Cheese Salad Healthy?
You can eat a bowl of juice, tomato, and feta cheese salad without worrying because it’s healthy. Tomato has low carbohydrates, making it an excellent choice for weight loss. Moreover, feta cheese is a good source of essential minerals and vitamins.
What Goes with Tomato and Feta Salad?
Once you have prepared a delicious tomato and feta cheese salad, you can enjoy it with various items. You can pair it with fruits, croissants, noodles, chicken, sandwiches, or baked veggies for starters.
How Long Can I Store the Salad?
It’s advised to prepare the fresh tomato and feta cheese salad each time you want to consume it because it gets prepared quickly. But if required, you can let the salad sit in an airtight container inside a refrigerator for around three days. However, the longer you store this simple, the more it will lose its real taste.
Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Spatula
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 1 sliced red onion
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 chopped chives
- 5 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- Place the chopped tomatoes, sliced red onion, olive oil, chopped parsley, chopped chives, and crumbled feta cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss everything until combined and serve to enjoy.
- Yahoo Mail
- Send in Text
- Copy Link
Subscribe for a free sweet dessert recipe delivered instantly!